Note - Deadline Extended!
Due to the ongoing impacts of regional fires, poor air quality, and unsafe conditions, the Tevis Virtual Ride has been extended until December 31, 2020.
This event has always been intended to be a FUNdraiser for the Western States Trail Foundation - with emphasis on FUN, and we want to ensure all participants have an adequate chance to complete their goals in a fair manner.
Entries are still open for those who would like to participate.
You can complete the 100-miles in as many smaller excursions as you choose to finish the goal. As you log your completed miles, you will receive updates of where you now are on the historic Western States Trail.
Sign Up by clicking the image below to take you to our registration site:
Click for a quick tutorial on how to submit your virtual mileage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- I don't own a horse, can I still participate? YES! Please register for our non-riding division. You can complete those miles in any mix of transport that you choose (run, walk, hike, bike, swim, etc) as long as it is NON-Motorized to keep with the spirit of the event.
- I'm from (country outside the US) and would like to pay the extra to receive a T-shirt, can I do that? We are working to offer this option! We are finalizing what the average pricing will be to mail to different global regions, and how best to charge for the additional shipping. We will update once we have this all resolved. In the meantime, you can add a US Shipping Address if you have a friend in the United States who could receive the shirt and forward it on for you.
- When is the deadline to enter this event? How do we pay the fee? Entries are open through Oct 31 but you need to complete all 100 miles by Dec 31. You can pay via credit card (or debit card with a Mastercard/Visa logo) on the registration website linked above (click image).
- If I sign up after August 1st, when do I start counting my miles? We encourage all entrants to complete their mileage between the date of their entry and the end of the 100-day time frame on December 31st. Don't delay on signing up!!! Get credit for all your miles now!
- How often should I log my miles? Do I log them as I complete them or all at the end? We recommend that you log your miles as you complete them for the best interactive experience. See our how to submit your virtual mileage tutorial for entering in the completed miles.
- How best should I track my miles? We recommend one of the free GPS phone apps, there are quite a few to pick from. Endomondo, EquiLab, Map My Ride/Run, or Ride with GPS are all popular and offer different features. You can turn on the app, start the track, and then put your phone in airplane mode if you would like to conserve battery (note airplane mode blocks any incoming/outgoing communication such as calls or texts). Use whatever works best for you. We are not validating any miles submitted.
- Do the 100 miles have to be completed in 24 hours or less? No! This event is designed to be FUN and a fundraiser for the trail. While some people have chosen to challenge themselves by setting a time, there is no overall time limit on how long it may take you to complete your mileage. All mileage must be completed by December 31st.
- Can I walk with, run, or drive my horse / mini instead of riding it? Yes! Please go ahead and enter the "Riding" Division as you and your equine are still competing as a team. Many of our Tevis participants dismount and complete at least a portion of the mileage on foot themselves. We are happy to recognize any miles you and your equine partner complete together, however those are achieved.
- How can I participate more with other riders, share my photos, ask questions about the actual trail, etc? Join our Facebook Group dedicated to this event! We would love to have you contribute at https://www.facebook.com/
- When will the awards be sent, when I complete the 100 miles? Awards will be sent after the overall conclusion of the event on November 9th. This allows our hard-working volunteers to process them all at once, rather than having to try to keep track of who has received their item and who has not. Since we have extended the deadline to Dec 31, the first batch of awards will still be sent in early November and then probably monthly thereafter for any subsequent finishers.
- Can I receive an actual buckle for this ride? No, in order to preserve the integrity and honor of the actual Tevis Cup Buckle we are not offering a buckle for this event. The price point for participation with a buckle award would not allow many people to register. This event is a FUN fundraiser for the Western States Trail Foundation (501c3) which is the organization which maintains the Western States Trail and hosts the Tevis Cup Ride.